Ahuriri Loop Tour incl Taradale Wineries - Self-Guided
Cycle some of the best trails in Hawke's Bay on this self-guided tour.
You choose the length and time! Ride a 40km (25 mile) loop or a 16km (9 mile) loop or something in between. Leaving from the historic port area of Ahuriri, your ride take you through a great variety of scenery including the Napier township, along the spectacular coastline, fun river trails, lagoon farmland and of course, wineries.
Choose a half day (less than 4 hours) or a full day (5-6 hours) for your ride.
per adult from
2 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Bike, helmet, and pannier hire
- Route instructions and trail map
- Tips and suggestions from a local
- Self-guided bike tour
What's excluded :
- Wine tastings fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marine Parade, Napier New Zealand
Departing the port village of Ahuriri you will cycle around the port to the Napier CBD, a world renowned Art Deco treasure. Enjoy the unique facades of these beautiful buildings before continuing south, following Marine Parade with spectacular views across the sea to Cape Kidnappers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hawke's Bay Trails, 100 Marine Parade Hawke's Bay, Napier 4110 New Zealand
The Hawke's Bay Trails can be accessed from our base in Ahuriri go through a diverse landscape. The Pacific Coast and the Ahuriri Estuary, river trails, fishing boats and the old port.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mission Estate Winery, 198 Church Road, Napier 4112 New Zealand
OPTION: visit the oldest winery in New Zealand, the Mission Estate in Taradale and enjoy the old architecture, beautiful garden area and famous wines.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Crab Farm Winery, 511 Main North Road, Bay View, Napier 4104, New Zealand
OPTION: visit the rustic, friendly family owned winery, Crab Farm. Food and wine available here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Church Road Winery Cellar Door, 150 Church Road Taradale, Napier 4112 New Zealand
OPTION to visit the world class Church Road Winery and join in on one of their unique winery experiences/tastings. Starting in 1897, the winemakers at Church Road have been at the forefront of the Hawke’s Bay winemaking region. They create exceptional wines.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Takaro Trails Cycle Tours - Day Tours, 9 Nelson Quay Ahuriri, Napier 4110 New Zealand
You are back at our base and the end of your tour.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :9 Nelson Quay, Hawke's Bay 4110, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that most wineries charge for tastings. The charge is around NZ $5 per person and is usually rebated against any purchase
- Opening hours at wineries vary, we will advise you where possible at the time of booking please advise your height and if you require a lunch reservation at the signature restaurants at Church Road or Mission Estate (lunch not included)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know your heights so we can set your bike up and be ready to go when you arrive.
- 10am start time at base - or contact us to arrange something different
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.