Dougga : The most intact site of North Africa
Dougga is situated in the mountains inland of Tunisia (1h30 from Tunis)in an area that was densely populated by the Numidians. The city served as one of the capitals of Massinissa, a Roman ally, and one of the contenders to Carthage.
It is a visit to a huge archaeological site of about 3 km², the most intact Roman city in North Africa.
The beautiful theatre at Dougga dates back to 168 CE and was donated to the city by one of its wealthiest families. Its condition is so good that it used for the concerts at the Dougga Festival in summer.
The Capitol of Dougga must be one of the most impressive remains from the Roman era.
It is fascinating to see a brothel built so pragmatically and bluntly to service its function: An open court for courting, and rooms immediately in for the services.
The Licinian Baths are quite interesting for having much of its original walls intact, as well as a long tunnel used by the slaves working at the baths.
NB: Transport can be arranged upon demand
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Great Mosque of Testour
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Stop At: Great Mosque of Testour, Tastur Tunisia
Andalusian village on the way to Dougga.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :La Marsa, Tunisia
Traveler pickup is offered
Private transportation is excluded but can be booked on demand
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/24/2020 - 10/12/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 03:30 PM|
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate