Explore Typical Czech Tastes and Culture – Eat, Cook, Drink, Listen & Have fun
Discover Czech culture, traditions and habits through your taste buds! Typical Czech foods, meals and drinks served in a rich interactive tasting menu accompanied by stories about their origins and a preparation of some traditional dishes.
This is full experience including food tasting, wine tasting, some cooking of 3 easy but very traditional meals and enjoying a traditional main dish prepared by us at the end of the experience. All while talking about foods origin, Czech traditions and habits, culture and the development of Czech cuisine in last couples of hundreds years.
We will share with you the the stories of the origin of the dishes, traditions of Czech cooking and cultural context of the food itself. We perceive food as a great communication tool through which one can discover the world and establish new friendships. Looking forward to meeting new friends and having fun with them!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Eat, drink, cook, listen & learn and have fun during this unique food experience!
Do you know what was the most common food consumed in Czech households ever and why? Are you curious to know what was grown and farmed and how it transformed into traditional dishes? Would you like to learn old and new recipes that represent typical Czech cuisine?
We have prepared for you an interactive tasting menu & cooking class full of typical Czech foods, drinks and ingredients. You will literally eat-through the Czech culture, traditions, habits and history.
You will taste snacks, dishes and drinks and learn to cook some recipes and get to know what was and is typical for our geographical latitude, why and how it affected people, economics and the whole culture. With good mood and good food we will spend some quality time together.
Depending on season, we prepare and cook 3 traditional Czech dishes - bread/bread dumplings/traditional spread, vegetable pancakes and cake/dessert. Furthermore various cold starters, little tasting snacks and one typical dish will be prepared by us. We will taste 3 Czech wines and Czech fruit brandy.
This experience is always lead by one or both of us.
• Atelier jidlem, Krizikova 70/67 Karlin, Prague 18000 Czech Republic
• Variety of typical Czech delicacies - Tasting of sausages, cheeses, home made products (jams, pickles, bread etc.), local and seasnalvegetables and fruits
• Potato-sauerkraut pancakes OR cheese quark spread OR carrot/kohlrabi salad - Together we will prepare one of theses dishes using typical Czech ingrdiences
• Traditional Czech Dish - prepared in advance - Svíčková (vegetable cream sauce with beef)
Spanish bird (stuffed beef roll)
Rabbit with vegetables
Beef with mushrooms
• Side dish - Bread dumplings prepared together
• Fruit dumplings - We will prepare this Czech superstar - fruit dumplings stuffed with fresh seasonal fruits and served with poppy seeds and/or quark
Departure Point :Křižíkova 67, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín, Czechia
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.