Full Day Cotopaxi & The Chuquiragua Trail
Unique Andean views a long the way to Cotopaxi Park
Best chance to experience the Andes not far from Quito
Hiking admiring the Andes
Visit to an Hacienda with more the 3 Centuries of History
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Certified English Speaking Tour Guide
- Park Admission Fee
- Saquisili Indian Market Visit ( ONLY ON THURSDAYS)
- Entry/Admission - Cotopaxi National Park
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
Early in the morning our destination is to visit one of the most important National Parks in the central Andes.
Located 56 kilometers from the city of Quito, it gives us the opportunity to change the panorama of the cars and buildings towards the Andean Páramo and the Chuquiraguas (endemic plant of the highlands).
Through the Panamericana Sur or well known "Avenida de los Volcanes", you can see volcanos such as: Atacazo, Corazón, Ilinizas, Pasochoa, Rumiñahui among others, to finally reach the entrance to the Cotopaxi National Park.
From here the adventure starts driving trough between the grasslands.
The Cotopaxi National Park has more than 33,000 hectares of extension with a variety of trails, lagoons, rivers, waterfalls and of course, the Cotopaxi Volcano, which captivates with its majesty and beauty. In this area you can also see an exuberant flora and fauna, being the condor an icon in the Andes. In the lagoon of Limpiopungo (3830 masl) it is possible a walk of two hours, to observe some species of birds that inhabit the lagoon.
Then by car we will continue our way to the parking lot (4500 masl) and then to the refuge called José Rivas (4800 masl). Of course, this last visit is possible, depending on your physical condition.
At the end we can enjoy a typical lunch at Hacienda La Ciénega, It was the residence of the French Geodetic Mission that came to Ecuador and measured the middle of the world on 1736.
ON THURSDAYS WE INCLUDE SAQUISILI INDIAN MARKET INSTEAD OF HACIENDA LA CIENEGA VISIT, PLEASE NOTICE IT for further bookings
Finaly Return to your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up all our guest located at all centrally hotels in Quito. If you are stayig ourt of this area , please let us know in advance
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.