Giverny's House & Gardens plus Versailles Palace Day Trip with Lunch from Paris
This tour will take you to two of the most important locations around Paris: the home of the « Prince of the Impressionists » and the palace of the « Sun King »; Giverny and Versailles represent the Zenith of France’s greatest artistic movements.
Renowned for their beautiful gardens and stunning buildings, you will get to see Monet’s iconic Japanese bridge and lilly ponds, Louis XIV’s breathtaking Hall of Mirrors. Lunch at the well known “Moulin de Fourges” is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour in English inside the Palace of Versailles
- Lunch with Drinks
- Small-group tour (Groups of 18 or fewer)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
You will be driven from Paris to Giverny, in the comfort of an air-conditioned minibus, where you will start your day with the
visit of Claude Monet’s property. Located at the edge of Normandy, about 50 miles north of Paris, Claude Monet’s Home is one of
the most popular tour destination around Paris.
There you will discover the famous gardens created by the most famous of the Impressionist painters often referred to as the father
of Impressionism, though not the first to have painted in « a style that would become known as Impressionism ».
You will enjoy the sight of the well-known Japanese bridge in the midst of its flowered paths and wather-lily ponds, and the house,
with its pink crushed brick façade, where the leader of the Impressionist School spent 43 years from 1883 until his death in 1926.
After a morning spent in one of this most inspirational settings, you will head off to the banks of the Epte River where you will
have lunch at the lovely “Moulin de Fourges” restaurant, a 200-year-old mill. The architecture of this listed site, dating back to
the 18th century, draws its inspiration from hamlet of Marie-Antoinette at Versailles.
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
In the afternoon, you will be driven to Versailles Palace, residence of the Sun King, Louis XIV, to enjoy a guided visit of Louis
XIV’s suite, the Hall of Mirrors and more… After your guided tour inside the castle you will also have some remaining time to
discover the famous “A la Française” gardens.
The Musical Fountain Show takes place every weekend from April to October. During this period access to the gardens will be included to see the fountains and groves spring to life to the rhythm of the music: On Saturdays and Sundays from April to October + some additional dates (May 8,10, 22, 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26 and August 15)
Departure Point :Paris' Trip, 41 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small Group Tour 18 persons max
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- Though the access to the castle is a priority access with a time reserved, you may still have to wait on arrival, especially during peak season, period during which there is a lot of visitors.
- Clients must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & there will be no refund if tour is missed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.