Mayas of Yesterday & Today: Tekit + Mayapan
Experience everyday Yucatecan life on this day trip to Tekit. Bake artisan bread in a stone oven and visit a traditional Mayan household. Learn about the production of melipona bees and the guayabera. Finally, discover the archaeological site of Mayapan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch, natural beverages and dessert.
- Private transportation
- Community tour accompanied by a certified local guide. Three activities: guayaberas factory, bakery workshop and Mayan household.
- Admission fee to the Archaeological Site of Mayapan.
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological site of Mayapan
What's excluded :
- Personal activities and expenses outside the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tekit, Tekit, Yucatan Peninsula
Tekit is a traditional Yucatecan town whose everyday life revolves around the beautiful church, the market, and some small businesses. Join this tour to spend the day with a local cooperative there and discover their daily activities. Enjoy a tour with a local guide that knows his town.
You’ll depart Merida at 8 a.m, and drive for approximately 1 hour to Tekit. Once there, make your first stop at a local bakery where you'll prepare and try local bread in a stone oven. Then, walk to a Mayan household where Ana and Manuel will introduce you to the Mayan agroecological systems. Learn about Melipona bees, taste different varieties of honey, and end your visit to Ana's house with a Yucatecan meal.
After lunch, visit a guayaberas factory to find out about the manufacturing process, and explore some local stores where it's possible to buy typical clothing and quality garments directly from the producers.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Archaeological site of Mayapan, Carretera Mérida – Chetumal, Telchaquillo, 97824 Tecoh, Yuc., Mexico
Finally, head to the archaeological site of Mayapan, one of the last capitals of the pre-Hispanic Mayan era. The tour ends with the ride back to Merida, arriving at around 6 p.m.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed meeting point.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.