Midnight Sun Arctic Picnic On The Top Of The Hill
A wonderful night adventure for unique natural phenomena lovers. Our tour takes you up to the top of the Santavaara Hill. The path leads through small birch forests and it takes about 30 minutes of walking until we reach the top of the mountain above the treeline.
On days with good weather, the view up here is incredibly beautiful. The sun shines even at night, but it does not heat very much. Therefore, your professional guide will set up a fire for you, using the classic method of mining fire - flint and bark of a tree. We will use campfire not only for heating, but also for cooking. Delicious and simple midnight snacks will be prepared by your guide. The Lappish wild berries nurtured by the midnight sun are also healthy, and can be eaten just as they are when you find them. Just imagine: you are in Lapland, on top of Santa Claus Hill, under the midnight sun - this is an excellent occasion to celebrate that moment and drink a glass of sparkling wine. Cheers!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Menu 1: Finnish sausages, tea, coffee, cookies Menu 2: Vegetables course, tea, coffee, cookies Menu 3: Halal sausages, tea, coffee, cookies.
- Hotel pickup & drop off, Professional naturalist guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Helios Tour Oy, Karhunkaatajantie 15, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
The midnight sun is a natural phenomenon that occurs in the summer months in places north of the Arctic Circle, when the sun remains visible at the local midnight.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following places for this experience:Aakenus HotelArctic Light HotelArctic resort (Loma Vekarit)Arctic Snow Hotel (+20 euro per person for transfer)Arctic TreeHouse HotelChalet OunasvaaraCity HotelSanta Claus Holiday Village, receptionSanta Claus HotelSanta Sport HotelSanta`s Glass IglooScandic PohjanhoviScandic Polar HotelScandic RovaniemiSky HotelSokos HotelVaatunkiVartiosaari Hotel
Departure Time :10:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.