New Orleans Mafia, Murder, Madames and All That Jazz Historical Tour
For the past 300 years New Orleans has hung precariously to the lower lip of a country that doesn’t know quite what to make of her. At best, New Orleans is called “different”. As often as not, the difference is characterized in travel memoirs as “decadence”. Decadent: corrupt, degenerate, depraved, dissipated, dissolute, immoral, sinful, unprincipled. On this two hour walking tour of the French Quarter you will meet the rogues and roués, the mobsters and madams: Silver Dollar Sam, Diamond Jim, Emma Johnson and her House of All Nations, Norma Wallace and, of course, Bourbon Street. In our mind’s eye we’ll tour down the line of Storyville, the legendary and notorious tenderloin district that beckoned all comers between 1898 and 1917. We’ll meet the King Fish, Gov. Huey Long, who fathered modern Louisiana through patronage and payoffs. He might have become President — if he hadn’t be assassinated. You must be at least 21 years old to take this tour. Adult content!
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Adult walking tour of the French Quarter including Bourbon Street and the Storyville area.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :French Truck Coffee, 217 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- To minimize risk and provide the safest and best possible tour experience, The Savvy Native has moved from individual tour bookings to Private Small Group Tours. Our tours are now available only to “familiar groups” of 1-4 guests or 5-8 guests. No mixed bookings.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.