Private Santiago and Neighborhoods Tour: San Cristobal Hill & Artisan Village
Soak up the massive city of Santiago with this private multi-stop driving tour that includes visits to historical sites and El Pueblito de Los Dominicos Artisan Village. In the city center, see the historic landmarks and then venture into the varied neighborhoods beyond the downtown. Take in panoramic views of the urban and mountain landscape as you travel by cable car up to the top of San Cristobal Hill.
- 5-Hour Private Tour
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
- Professional & Multilingual Guide
- Modern & Comfortable Van
- Visit the City Landmarks
- Learn about Chile's History and Culture
- Visit San Cristobal Hill for Panoramic Views
- El Pueblito de Los Dominicos Artisan Village
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Bottled water
- Entrance to San Cristobal Hill
- Cable Car Ride (Closed on Monday)
- Digital Photographs
- Entry/Admission - Cerro San Cristobal
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro San Cristobal, Pio Nono 445, Recoleta Parque Metropolitano de Santiago, Santiago 8320000 Chile
This tour will show you Santiago’s historic downtown and beyond. You will be picked up by one of our expert guides in a private vehicle and explore the downtown area as well as Santiago’s diverse and interesting neighborhoods. We start by visiting San Cristobal Hill where we will take a cable car to the summit and enjoy the most amazing panoramic views of the entire city and Andes Mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Santiago 8329001 Chile
Afterwards, we will drive through the bohemian neighborhood of Bellavista before arriving in the historic city center where we will see Florestal Park, the Museum of Fine Arts, Plaza de Armas (Santiago’s main square), the Cathedral, City Hall, Historic Post Office, Old Congress Building, Palacio La Moneda (The Government House), and National Theater.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cerro Santa Lucia, Rua Santa Lucia, Santiago 8320190 Chile
Then, we stop at Santa Lucía Hill. Originally named Cerro Huelén by the Mapuche Indians, Santa Lucía Hill is where Pedro de Valdivia founded the city in 1541.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barrio Lastarria, Jose Victorino Lastarria, Santiago 8320165 Chile
We will also pass through the vibrant bohemian neighborhood of Lastarria.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Barrio El Golf, Santiago Chile
We will then drive to the eastern side of the city, to the financial heart of Santiago, known for its modern buildings and impressive glass skyscrapers, passing by Costanera Center, South America’s tallest building. You will see why this area is known as “Sanhattan” among the locals.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Artesanal Pueblito Los Dominicos, Avenida Apoquindo 9085 Las Condes, Santiago 7600740 Chile
Then we will visit the upscale neighborhood of Las Condes and stop at El Pueblito de Los Dominicos, a beautiful handicraft market in the shadow of the Andes designed to resemble a colonial village, where you will see local artisans actually working in their trade. Located next to the beautiful San Vicente Ferrer Church, a national monument, the village is a “must see” in Santiago. The shops built with clay and straw, are home to more than 180 artisans, representing the best and most complete showing of Chilean handicraft.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- El Pueblito Handicrafts Village may be closed on certain national holidays
- The cable car on San Cristobal Hill is closed on Mondays for maintenance. On this day we will go up San Cristobal Hill in the tour van if permitted by park officials. If we are unable to go up San Cristobal Hill due to reasons beyond our control (i.e., strike of park officials), we will go to another vantage point for panoramic views of the city.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary depending on your pick up location
- As with any major city, Santiago has heavy traffic in some sectors, especially on weekdays Your driver will do his or her best to avoid highly-congested areas, but in order to see the city’s major landmarks in the downtown area inevitably we will run into traffic, which can be heavy at times and may cause delays in the tour return time. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as traffic is completely beyond our control. If you would like a traffic-free tour, please consider our "Private Santiago Historic Landmarks Walking Tour including San Cristobal Hill" (Viator/Trip Advisor Product Code: 101394P13)
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.