Private Tour into the Heart of Chilean Wine Country: Santa Cruz & Viu Manent
Join us for a full-day private tour to the heart of Chilean Wine Country: The Colchagua Valley. Tour includes a panoramic gondola ride overlooking Santa Cruz Vineyard and a horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard.
- 11-Hour Private Tour
- Free Pick-up and Drop-off from any Hotel, Airbnb, and Residence in Santiago
- Free Airport Pick-up or Drop-off on Tour Day
- Professional & Multilingual Guide
- Modern & Comfortable Van
- Two Wine Tours & Tastings (Santa Cruz and Viu Manent Vineyards)
- Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz Vineyard
- Horse Carriage Ride at Viu Manent Vineyard
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Panoramic Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz Vineyard
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride at Viu Manent Vineyard
- Bottled water
- Horse Carriage Winery Tour and Wine Tasting at Viu Manent Vineyard
- "Body and Soul" Winery Tour and Wine Tasting at Santa Cruz Vineyard
- Digital Photographs
- Entry/Admission - Vina Santa Cruz
- Entry/Admission - Viu Manent Winery
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- Entry/Admission - Casa Colchagua Restaurante
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vina Santa Cruz, Calle Fundo el Peral VI Region, Lolol 3148101 Chile
One of the country’s most famous wine regions, the Colchagua Valley, set in the heart of the Central Valley, 100 miles (160 kilometers) from Santiago, is the epicenter of wine production in Chile. Production started here shortly after the Spanish conquest in the mid-16th century with the introduction of vineyards by Jesuit missionaries. The mining boom of the late 19th century brought wealth and noble grapes of French origin. The area is known for its award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah and Carmenere. After a three-hour drive to Santa Cruz, the region’s capital, we first stop at Viña Santa Cruz. Here you will see the place where the Body connects with the Soul. Begin your tour by conquering the Body. In the garden of varieties you will learn how to differentiate their strains, then you will continue to their winery to learn about the wine-making process and enjoy the tasting of three of their exclusive wines. Then you will know the Soul by using the cable car to appreciate the most amazing views on your way to the top of El Chaman Hill. There, you will learn firsthand how the Aymara culture, Mapuche and Rapa Nui lived in harmony with nature and their environment through their rituals and beliefs, but especially, you will meet their guides Machi and Chaman, the inspiration behind the vineyard’s wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Casa Colchagua Restaurante, barriales-boldos, Santa Cruz, O'Higgins, Chile
After Santa Cruz Vineyard, we will go to a local countryside restaurant for lunch (not included)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Viu Manent Winery, Carretera del Vino km. 37, Santa Cruz 3130000 Chile
In the afternoon, we will visit Viu Manent Vineyard, a model for wine tourism in Chile. Climb aboard a horse-drawn carriage for a remarkable experience visiting the historic Malbec Hall, gardens, and wine cellars. Explore the wine shop and handicraft emporium. The visit ends with a tasting of the vineyard’s best wines. Internationally renowned for the quality of its wines, Viu Manent is particularly famous for its Malbec.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from any location in SantiagoAirports
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyards joining you on the winery tours and tastings, which is beyond our control.
- This tour is available daily, except on national holidays when the vineyards are closed.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Alternative vineyards will be visited if either Santa Cruz or Viu Manent do not have availability on the date selected.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.