Quilotoa Lake (PRIVATE Day Trip from Quito)
The Quilotoa Loop gives the opportunity to visit more remote villages and witness some of the most gorgeous scenery in Ecuador. The narrow dirt road hugged mountain sides and afforded breathtaking views of the green valleys and the Andean crops that make a unique scenery.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Quilotoa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galeria del Primer Pintor de Tigua - "Julio Toaquiza Tigasi", Km 50 via Latacunga - Quevedo Tigua Chimbacuchu, Tigua 050405 Ecuador
Today our adventure star driving early to Quilotoa area, on the way we will appreciate a majestic landscape with a countless Andean crops such as barley, wheat, potatoes and quinoa. Later on we will make a stop in the community of Tigua well known for their artists who make colorful paints which are elaborated on sheepskin canvases; their paints represent Andean landscapes, people and daily life.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Quilotoa, Laguna de Quilotoa, 070701 Ecuador
Afterwards continue to Quilotoa Lake passing Zumbahua town to visit the local market available only on Saturdays. We arrive to Quilotoa Lake and we it a good chance to take a picture of an impressive extinct volcano crater which hold a vivid green lake. The impressive Quilotoa crater has many option for those hiking lovers with a diameter of 2 km and a depth of 500 m from the crater´s rim. Finally in the afternoon back to Quito.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The tour is based in private basis, therefore feel free to write down the address where you´ll stay (hotel, apartment, house) and we will provide the pick up as long as you stay in Quito city.Airports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We will have face mask available on the car for any emergency.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.