Rovaniemi Northern Lights Photography Small-Group Tour
Join this incredible 4-5 hour hunt for the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi area. A professional Northern Lights photographer will guide this small-group tour and teach you the basics of Northern Lights photography. The tour's approach gives you the best possible chance to find and photograph the Northern Lights during your stay here in Lapland, as your guides always choose the destination according to weather and Aurora forecasts. Small group sizes and photography as a core activity gives you the most exclusive and memorable way to experience the magnificent Northern Lights.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within a 6.2-mile (10-kilometer) range of Rovaniemi
- Transport by minivan
- Professional photography guide
- Warm clothing and winter boots
- Headlamps, backpack, and BBQ gear
- Hot drinks and snacks
- Aurora hunting guide – guidebook for Auroras & photography
- tripod for your camera / mount for a Smart phone
- A few photos from the tour sent to you afterwards
- hunt for the Northern Lights
What's excluded :
- Experience the magic of Lapland and photograph the amazing Northern Lights! Going Aurora hunting with our professional guides, you have the best possible chance to witness the Northern Lights. We are Lapland’s top tour company specialised in Aurora photography and will ensure that you get the photos of a lifetime.
The focus of our expedition is the Rovaniemi area and we travel by minivan. We start with a team meeting about the tour of the day. You will get a short briefing about current weather conditions, Aurora forecasts and about our destination of the day.
Northern Lights are always unpredictable and there is no guarantee that we will find them every night. However, we give you the best possible chance to experience and photograph these mystical wonders of the Arctic area. What sets us apart from other tour providers is a genuine determination of finding the Northern Lights. With us you are a member of an exclusive team led by a professional expedition guide. Simply put, we are real Aurora hunters and rely on the following to succeed in our mission:
• background research into local weather and Aurora forecasts
• live information feed coming direct into our minivan
• local knowledge of all the best viewing spots
• willingness to go the extra mile – or a hundred miles – to find the Aurora
During the night, we normally go to 2-3 different locations which are always chosen according to local weather conditions and photographic opportunities. This means that if we have a clear sky and a possibility to see the Aurora 100 km away, we will take the chance and drive you there.
Altogether we have over 50 locations from which we can choose the best ones each night! After reaching our destination we leave the minivan and continue on foot to reach the perfect spots in the middle of the nature. In the destination our guide, a professional photographer, helps you prepare your cameras for Northern Lights photography and we are ready for the show of a lifetime!
Departure Point :Valtakatu 21, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us if you need a pick-up and we will provide you with exact pick-up time. If you are staying in City center area, please meet us 15 minutes before the tour in Valtakatu 21 office!
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Your are recommended to bring your own DSLR camera
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.